Date(s) - 14/03/2016
Categories No Categories
The Institution of Engineers (India), Gujarat State Centre announces Elocution Competition 2016 for students studying in the engineering colleges and Universities located within Gujarat State on following topics:
- Is climate change really affecting our lives?
- Conservation of energy & water – the need of the hour
- Technological development for the upliftment of society
- Making Indian engineering world class
- Smart City concept — Is it practicable in India?
1. Elocution Competition on following topics shall be conducted by participating engineering colleges:
- a. Is climate change really affecting our lives?
- b. Conservation of energy and water—the need of the hour
- c. Technological development for upliftment of the society
- d. Making Indian engineering world class
- e. Smart city concept— Is it practicable in India?
2. Language of the competition shall be English.
3. Each participant shall be given five minutes.
4. First round of the Competition shall be arranged by the participating engineering colleges and completed by February 2016.
5. Only the first winner of the first round of Elocution competition held at each of the engineering college shall qualify for participating in the second and final round of the Elocution Competition to be held in March 2016 at The Institution of Engineers (India) Gujarat State Centre premises at Bhaikaka Bhavan, Law Garden Road, Ellis-bridge, Ahmedabad.
6. A Trophy shall be awarded to the engineering college whose student wins first round of the Competition.
7. Following prizes shall be awarded to the winner of the Competition:
a. Winner’s Prize : Rs. 2000/-
b. 1st Runner Up Prize : Rs. 1500/-
c. 2nd Runner Up Prize : Rs. 1000/-
d. All other participants shall be awarded a certificate for participation.
8. Participants of the final round shall be reimbursed actual fare of travelling by State Transport Bus both ways.
9. Prizes and Trophy shall be awarded on 5th June 2016.